The South Orlando Baptist Church is pleased to present our various Children’s Ministries to you:
- Children’s Church – Children ages four (4) through end of 3rd grade will be dismissed from the 10:45 a.m. Morning Worship Service in the Sanctuary just before the pastor’s sermon. The goal of this ministry is to positively reinforce the spiritual principles you teach your child at home, with a meaningful, relevant, and enjoyable church experience through practical Bible teaching, worship, and activity center play. Click here is you would like to volunteer to help in Children’s Church.
- AWANA Clubs International – AWANA is a Sunday evening program for boys and girls in Kindergarten through 5th grade (preschool programs are also available). It includes an excellent Scripture memory program, game activities and Bible Study time. The purpose is to reach boys and girls for Jesus Christ with a two-fold emphasis of salvation and spiritual growth.
- S.T.O.M.P. Children’s Choir – Every Wednesday evening from 6:15 p.m. to 7:00 p.m., we offer 3 separate age groups for children from Kindergarten through 5th grade to join us for a time of music education and fun. Our S.T.O.M.P. Choirs often share the special songs they have learned during the Morning Worship Service throughout the year.
- Vacation Bible School – Each summer SOBC offers an exciting week of Vacation Bible School/VBS. Children who have complete Pre-K through completed 5th grade are eligible to participate in this fun program. In addition, we have numerous voluntee opportunities for church members and attenders. VBS includes Bible and Missions activities and stories, exciting songs and music, fun crafts, silly games and tasty snacks…all with the goals of sharing Christ’s love with each child who walks through our doors. Registration typically begins in April of each year and VBS is usually the second week of June.
- Nursery/Childcare – This ministry includes both infant and toddler care. Its purpose is to honor God with loving child care, and provide care-free worship and study for mom and/or dad. This ministry is available 15 minutes before scheduled services and special events as needed: Sunday School; Morning Worship; Life University; Mid-Week Service (Wednesday); Choir Rehearsal (Wednesday).